That and gymnastics... which I am absolutely obsessed with. The scoring system remains one of the world's infernal mysteries, but I am determined to crack the code.
THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
This one was made in the 1930's by Powell, and while it's a wee bit melodramatic is full of meaning and undertone.
I like the concept of the land being the edge of the world - thematically and literally for these people. The shots are stunning, and the tension is captured in such an intense way that the story becomes riveting.


Brideshead Revisited.
I got sick of waiting for someone to come and see it with me, so I went by myself.
The thing that always baffles me about these types is how the whole story revolves around a love that is completely and utterly insubstantial. They're in love, but why, who the heaven's knows?
Vicky Cristina BarcelonaLoved it.
Loved the shots.
Loved the acting.
Loved the story.
I do get the impression that Woody Allen is a bit of a pervert, but if you can look beyond that then I think you'll be ok.

9 comments:
hooray! hooray for movies! come down and watch some with me! i am back now!
If i lived there I would watch them with you SO fast. But not Brideshead revisited...I didn't want to see that for some reason. I'm actually signed up for a class here by NYU where you just watch movies before they are released with critics and directors. Maybe you should move HERE. By me.
You are dead to me...if I remember correctly we had plans to see Brideshead Revisted and someone bailed on me. Dead Missy, DEAD!
I want to go see that barcelona one and now that you like it i will be going.
I totally agree about Vicky Christina Barcelona!
Morag is this you? This is Samantha! I found your blog somehow! Now we can stalk each other's blogs.
Well I have been wanting to see vicki christina barcelona. Also we saw burn after reading and liked it alot you should go see it if you like Coen brothers. can't wait to see you hopefully it will be soon.
i too want to see vicky christina barcelona, i hear its fabulous. and 2. i miss you and you need to write on this more, it's entertaining for me. love you.
I went and saw vicki christina barcelona and I loved the music and the shots it was so good I felt bad for the husband of christinas though. it was a good one. though.
Post a Comment